AKPABIO DID NOT STEAL AKWA IBOM MONEY -Ephraim Inyang
A RE: AKPABIO STOLE OVER N1TRI AS GOVERNOR -EPHRAIM INYANG
My attention has been drawn to a false and malicious news story published in a local tabloid, The Post of Monday, August 21, 2017with the Headline, “Akpabio stole over N1 Trillion As Governor-Ephraim Inyang”. My usual disposition to funny tales like this is to ignore, but given the weight of the lies and the mischief it is capable of causing to the innocent reading public, I wish to categorically state as follows:
1. That at no point have I privately or publicly accuse the Distinguished Senate Minority Leader, Chief Godswill Akpabio of embezzlement of funds or creating ethnic disunity in the state as reported by the paper.
2. That I did not receive any delegation of Onna chieftains at my residence on Monday, 5th August, 2017. The report says ”(I) accused Senator Akpabio when I received a delegation of Onna Chieftains who trooped into (my) residence to him (me) thank you for the free ICT training for the youths”. On the said day, after attending the free ICT training opening ceremony, I moved straight to attend the 30th Anniversary of Mboho Mkparawa Ibibio (Dinner and Award night) in Uyo where I was honoured by the foremost socio-cultural body. The entire story is pure fiction. It is rudely concocted to create confusion and encourage false speculations.
3. Distinguished Senator Godswill Akpabio served Akwa Ibom State for 8 solid years and his achievements aptly christened as UNCOMMON TRANSFORMATION are very visible for all to see. The former Governor enjoys a very robust relationship with Governor Udom Emmanuel and all his aides (including myself) working to make our state better. No amount of fabrications and cooked up stories like this will change that harmonious relationship.
4. The publisher of The Post, one Gideon Ekere has serially blackmailed public officials in this crude nature and very recently, publicly accused me of owing him N400,000 as backlog of unpaid advertorials, which I never issued to him or his “newspaper”.
5. I urge the Nigeria Union of Journalist (NUJ), Akwa Ibom State Council to weed out elements like Ekere who are giving the noble profession a very terrible image and deliberately misleading the Akwa Ibom public.
6. I enjoin everyone to ignore that news report and continue to support the administration of Governor Udom Emmanuel who is very passionate and committed to delivering on his campaign promises.
Akparawa Ephraim Inyang-eyen
Hon Commissioner, Ministry of Works, Akwa Ibom State