A COMMUNIQUE ISSUED AT THE END OF A MEETING OF THE FORUM OF PEOPLES DEMOCRATIC PARTY STATE CHAIRMEN HELD IN UYO, AKWA IBOM STATE TODAY, OCTOBER 18, 2017.
A meeting of the Forum of Peoples Democratic Party State Chairmen was held today, October 18, 2017, in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State.
The meeting which was presided over by the Chairman of the Forum of PDP State Chairmen in Nigeria, and the State Chairman of the Party in Akwa Ibom State, Obong Paul Ekpo, had in attendance PDP State Chairmen from other 22 States in the country.
The meeting went into deliberations of current and contemporary issues of national prominence especially as they affected the polity and the future of our great Party, the Peoples Democratic Party, and resolved as follows:
(1) The meeting reviewed with satisfaction the activities of the National Caretaker Committee (NCC) under the distinguished leadership of His Excellency, Senator Ahmed Makarfi, who had demonstrated uncommon vision, determination, and forthrightness in nurturing the Party under very difficult and challenging atmosphere and so passed a VOTE OF CONFIDENCE on the entire National Caretaker Committee.
(2) The Forum also took into consideration the sacrifices, commitment and dedication of the PDP Governors and felt satisfied with their corporate and individual roles in the discharge of their constitutional responsibilities in the face of very challenging recessed economy foisted on the nation by the ruling APC government, at the national level. Accordingly, a VOTE OF CONFIDENCE was passed on all the PDP Governors.
(3) The Forum was very thankful to the Executive Governor, His Excellency, Mr. Udom Emmanuel, for his hospitality and for always being there for the Party at every point of need. The meeting particularly congratulated the Governor for his roles leading to the qualification of the Super Eagles for the World Cup Fiesta in Russia in 2018, and also for the victory of Akwa United Football Club in the maiden AITEO FA Cup on Saturday, October 15, 2017 in Lagos.
(4) Importantly, the Forum gives its full weight to the zoning of the Presidency in respect of the 2019 General Elections to the NORTH of Nigeria, and the National Chairmanship of the Peoples Democratic Party, to the SOUTH of Nigeria, and stand by the zoning of the other positions as agreed in Port Harcourt as this will ensure harmony in the Party.
(5) The Forum urges all State Chairmen, State Executives, Chapter Executives, and Ward Executives of the Party in their various states to redouble their efforts in meeting very regularly for the purposes of all-inclusive mobilization, strengthening of the Party, and most importantly, for the sensitization of the grassroots and the generality of Nigerians towards the 2019 General Elections as Nigerians are in dire need of an ALTERNATIVE platform to replace the APC.
(6) The Forum approved the rotation of the meeting so that each State would have the opportunity to host it.
(7) Finally, the Forum implored all the leaders of the Party, particularly the NCC and the PDP Governors to be very sacrificial and accommodating of all shades of opinions, interests and aspirations in our drive to elect credible officers to run the affairs of the Party in the forthcoming National Convention which would serve as the bulwark and sine qua non for the victory of the Party in the 2019 General Elections.
Dated October 18, 2017
Signed: Obong Paul Ekpo