To realize the above objectives, the following strategies and measures shall be adopted by the State Government in 2019:
1. Expand the revenue base of the State by eliminating wastages and leakages in expenditure, and improving IGR collection and development of tourism potentials.
2. Employ effective public-private partnership strategies to provide much needed industrial and infrastructural development.
3. Attract potential investors and donor agencies to invest in the relevant and key sectors of the State economy and also undertake robust human capital development.
4. Strengthen the industrial base of the State through the development of a Mega Industrial City “Liberty Free Trade Zone” and 2 mini-AKEES Industrial Parks, which will provide a conducive environment for rapid industrialization.
5. Setting up of new industries and maintaining existing ones, in the oil and gas, information technology as well as the agro-industrial sectors.
6. Stimulate the Agriculture and Agro-allied industries to boost production of local farmers to ensure food sufficiency for local consumption, exports as well as the provision of raw materials for the industries.
7. Pay priority attention to the completion of all on-going projects in the key sectors of the State economy
8. Expand and improve services in Health-Care Delivery at Primary and Secondary levels
9. Provision of Educational facilities with emphasis on science and technology, as well as information and communication technology.
10. Enforce Child Protection Laws and empower women and youth through capacity building, empowerment, skill acquisition and elimination of gender discrimination practices.
11. Enhance service delivery in the public service to ensure that the benefits of good governance are enjoyed by all.
12. Ensure enforcement of peace, law and order by building an efficient and proactive security network to make the State conducive to live and invest in.
13. Continue the on-going work on Sport Academy in the State and Sports Centres in the 10 Federal Constituencies of the State in order to boast of representatives of the State at local, National and International Sporting competitions. This will also create employment, generate wealth and reduce poverty among the youths.
-GOVERNOR UDOM EMMANUEL