The leadership of the State Youth system received with great shocked and sadness the news of the murder of a promising female youth – Miss Iniubong Umoren and we sincerely wish to state as follows:-
I. We condemn the heinous crime and barbaric act in totality.
- We honestly believe that the culprit(s) will face the full weight of the law with no intention to be left off the hook.
- The State youth leadership shall continue to partner with Her Excellency in her robust campaign against rape.
- Let it be known that His Excellency, Gov’ Udom Emmanuel is raising youths with reform mindedness, moral rectitude and good conscience. To this view, a true Christian youth with the fear of God cannot engage in banditry or involve in social vices. Hence, the youth prayer conference that has been objectively designed for moral transformation and spiritual reawakening.
- In a related development, we also use this medium to publicly frown at the spate of banditry and sequential attacks on institutions of government, individual properties and loss of lives occasioning the recent happenings in Essien Udim, Ika and Ikono with the tendency to affect other local government areas in the State.
- As responsible and patriotic youths, we must not allow few bad eggs and unscrupulous elements to destroy our hard earned reputation and character because the State is our treasure that must be kept safe for the next generation.
- It is on record that an average Akwa Ibom youth is peaceful, God fearing, productive and, resourceful, hence, we must sustain the peace in the State to allow the successful completion of the Governor’s agenda of development for the State.
- However, these are not times to apportion blames to the government, but to join hands and ensure there’s atmosphere of peace for all.
- We wish to commend the efforts of the media influencers, security men and above all, the youths who are collaborating with the authorities to ensure our State remains peaceful.
Lastly, youths are hereby charged to be more vigilant at this critical time in our nation history when insecurity has taken an alarming dimension and the guards need the full cooperation of all to clamp down on the perpetrators of these unlawful acts against humanity.
May God help us all !
Mr. Linus Effiong
Spokesperson for the youths.
02 -05 -2021.